Got Wax? Surfer's Ear? Chronic Ear infections? Water in the Ear?
Ear Candling, also known as "Ear Coning" or "Thermo Auricular Therapy", may be able to help you!
Thermo Auricular Therapy is a traditional health treatment especially suitable for young children as well as adults that is deeply relaxing, calming and soothing. It is NOT appropriate for acute ear infections, sudden hearing loss or other conditions needing medical attention from a doctor or nearest emergency treatment center.
Ear candling has been used traditionally for problems and conditions associated with the ear, nose and throat by offering traditional medicine as an alternative or natural complement to conventional allopathic treatments such as antibiotics drugs, ear syringing and grommets.
You do not need a license to use or purchase ear candles: but as there is an open flame, do not use them on yourself. Use common sense to take safety precautions to prevent any possibility of being burned, avoid touching the ear drum with the candle tip and extinguish the candles in a bowl of water when finished. Always use high quality candles to prevent wax drips. Ear coning is safer, more relaxing and more effective with a trained therapist.
Although no medical claims maybe made for ear candles, Thermo Auricular Therapy has been traditionally used for:
- Asthma & Hayfever Colds & Flu,
- Catarrh & Earache
- Compacted Ear Wax
- Energetic Revitalisation of Hearing Impairment
- Glue Ear Headaches & Migraine
- Labyrinthitis, Meniers & Vertigo Regulation of Pressure in Ears
- Head Rhinitis & Sinusitis
- Sore Throats & Tonsillitis
- Tinnitus & Noises/Ringing in the Ears
- Travel Sickness
- Chronic Candida /yeast infections
The practice of Ear coning is old. Clients who prefer a peaceful, painless and relaxing therapy favor Thermo Auricular Therapy for their stress reduction wellness plan.
People's reasons for ear coning are many, but ear candling continues to be a requested modality because of first hand positive and satisfactory outcomes as a result of the deep relaxation and natural healing process supported by repeated ear candle sessions.
At the clinic, people come from all walks of life and for many reasons, including: soldiers who have ringing in the ears after been exposed to live munitions rounds, dive instructors, swimmers and surfers with "swimmer's ear" , the elderly with hearing aids, tourists getting off planes whose ears didn't "pop", people with chronic ear aches or one sided migraine headaches, professionals who have stressful jobs who are seeking the benefits of deep relaxation, people with chemical sensitivities who favor drug free natural health care, people seeking solutions to internal candida overgrowth affecting sinus cavities, people who have lost sense of smell, people seeking to learn more about traditional healing methods and modalities.
What To Expect During An Ear Candling Session . . . During the ear candling session you comfortably lie fully clothed on a massage table with your head on a pillow and your body in a straight alignment. A special conical candle made of medical grade pure linen. High quality bees wax and essential oils is gently and safely inserted into the ear before being lit.
Is it safe? High quality ear candles do NOT drip wax, but because of the open flame, it makes common sense to cover your hair and protect your face and head. During the session, The small tapered end of the candle is gently placed into your ear canal and a seal is created. The candle does not touch or pierce the ear drum . The candle is lit and slowly begins to burn, creating a sensation of warmth. During the entire treatment, you are watched and kept comfortable. You may even fall asleep!
Does it work? The ear candle — by its shape, design and length — affects ear wax, moisture, gas exchange and fungus deposits from deep inside your ear canal, sinus cavities, and membranes.
I've never had an ear candling before . . . Isn't it painful? No, there should be no pain whatsoever. You will only feel the candle being carefully inserted in your ear. You may hear some crackling and hissing from the burning candle.
Note: If you do experience any discomfort (or pain) whatsoever — Stop the treatment! Ear candling is a soothing and helpful and inexpensive therapy useful for treating earache, headache, migraine, ear noise (tinnitus), sinusitis, rhinitis, glue ear, stress and nervousness. The treatment induces a pleasant feeling of warmth and a balance of pressure in the ears, forehead and sinuses. It may also spontaneously cause freer breathing through the nose and improve the sense of smell. All you should be doing is relaxing and enjoying your ear candling session time, and enjoy the benefits afterwards!
What Happens After An Ear Candling Session . . . People usually remark on the enhanced "sense of clarity". The senses may be enhanced. You may notice improved hearing or balance. For a short time after your ear candling session you may feel a lightness in your head and noises may seem to be louder to you. If this is annoying, can be relieved by putting a little ear oil on some cotton and inserting this in each of your ears while your body acclimates.
For a day or two after your ear candling session you may feel a warmth, or some itching in your ears. This is very easy to resolve... You can relieve the itching by simply putting a drop or two of Hydrogen Peroxide in your ears and then gently wipe them out with a cotton swab. Or if you prefer, use the same procedure, but with Echinacea liquid instead of the Hydrogen Peroxide. You may also notice your sinuses are draining, or that sinus drainage increases after your ear candling session. This is beneficial and may help relieve the pressure in your sinus areas. If you have had occurrences of sinus headaches, you may experience a decrease in their frequency. Also you may experience a heightened sense of taste, smell and sight.
Conditions that may benefit from Ear Candling combined with Lymphatic drainage, ear massage or auricular acupressure:
• Headaches • Ringing in the Ears • Migraines • Ear Infections • Plugged Ears • Chronic Sinusitis • TMJ Dysfunction • Hearing Challenges • Imbalance • Excessive Wax • Inner Ear Pressure • Ear Aches & Pain
You can have future ear candling sessions whenever you feel the time is right... Just use your own good judgment.
Surfer's Ear: During surf season, sudden ear pressure changes from surf impact, bacteria, sand and trapped water can affect balance and hearing and physical performance. an ear candling session every few weeks can be a practical and beneficial part of ear hygiene of a surf safari.
Ear candling is simply an "Old Home Remedy" . . . It is NOT a cure for any disease, illness or ailment! We offer ear candling services upon request as part of holistic health clinical practice. It is up to you to determine if it can have positive health benefits for you. You are the ultimate judge if this time-honored practice could be beneficial to you.
More Frequently Asked Questions about Ear Candling
1. What is Ear Candling? Ear candles are custom designed from natural fibers and tapered to precise specifications. Ear Candling is a natural way to help clean out accumulated wax. The heat and essential oils also have anti-fungal properties that can benefit those with white, flaky deposits in the ears. The accumulations withdrawn from your ears may be many months or even years old and the effects continue after the treatment has stopped.
2. Does Ear Candling hurt? Absolutely not! It is a painless, harmless and totally relaxing experience. If it weren't for the intermittent crackling and hissing sounds of the flame in the chimney of the candle -- you would never know that anything was happening in your ear.
3. How long does an Ear Candling session last? Plan for 60 minutes per session, however, you should allow one and one half hour for your first appointment.
4. How often should I have Ear Candling done? Initially, most people need just 2 or 3 candling sessions. However, some people, may need up to eight (8) sessions over a six month period. Once your ears are clear, personal preference, environmental exposure and internal health should determine how often you have your ears candled. Every three to six months would be practical.
5. Who can benefit from Ear Candling? Ear candling can benefit almost everyone, from children to adults. Musicians can benefit — especially singers or people using ear buds or blue tooth devices. Surfer's and water sports athletes will benefit from the anti-fungal and warming and drying properties of the herbs and treatment. People who wear hearing aids can benefit.
6. Who should not have Ear Candling? Ear Candling should not be done to people who have ear tubes, perforated ear drums, or artificial ear drums or acute conditions requiring medical attention.
7. How much is an ear candling session? A professional ear candling treatment is $75 and includes treatment with two candles. Additional pair of candles add $20.
8. Can't I save money and just try this "home remedy" at home? Although ear candles are sold at health food stores, it is inadvisable and possibly dangerous to practice ear candling on yourself. A professional session eases any concerns of unattended flame and allows you to completely relax and enjoy the treatment.
We invite you to call to get answers to any further questions and schedule an appointment at your convenience.
7 Treasures of Health